Sunday 17 July 2011

Africa's Roof

I was over at Burvills house one Saturday and was sifting through a huge pile of old Trail magazines hoping to find something on Kilimanjaro. Time was tight so I couldn't look in great detail and unfortunately couldn't find what I was looking for. A couple of days later though, I met up with Burvill and Ben for coffee and Burvill had a bag full of Trail magazines for me to take a look at. The first magazine he pulled out, full of anticipation, he told me he had seen the headline and thought of me. It read “I RUN NAKED IN THE RAIN…” BEAR GRYLLS.

I absolutely love Bear Grylls! I’m in the middle of reading his new book, I’ve got all of his Born Survivor series and if there was a picture of him running in the buff in this magazine I was going to find it. Whilst trying to find it, I came across a 7-page article on Kilimanjaro which Burvill obviously hadn’t noticed after the apparent prospect of seeing Bear Grylls naked! After reading this article I’m even more excited to climb Kilimanjaro and it’s such an inspirational read. It’s nice to hear some of the negative aspects of the climb for a change because, let’s be realistic, it’s not all going to be sunshine and rainbows.





No comments:

Post a Comment